Monday 24 February 2014

News - Papers, Please May be Heading to the Vita



Passports Please


It looks like Papers, Please creator Lucas Pope would like to see his creation on the PS Vita.  The only thing stopping him is that he does not know who to hand the development duties too;
“For a Vita version, I’m 50 percent I want to do it myself and 50 percent I should just hand it off to somebody who knows what they’re doing and can take it over for me.”
In an interview with VG247, he states that there would be some technically challenges to over come if it is ported to the Vita.  The big issue is that it was originally designed for the "big screen".  From what he says, it really seems that he will only port if the version is as good as the PC.  I know this sounds silly, but some developers port because that is what they were told.  In this case, Pope is standing is ground and has some solid reasons.
“I do want to do a Vita version, but the thing is there’s a lot of kind of interesting UI challenges to make it work well on Vita: much smaller screen, much smaller hit targets. So that kind of stuff interests me to try to figure out how to make it work well on Vita."
Papers Please is a puzzle indie game available on Steam which sees you in control of an immigration office and you sole job is to decide whether certain citizens are allowed into the country.

With how Sony currently back Indie titles, I am sure we it will see the light of day on the Vita.


No comments:

Post a Comment