Square Enix has detailed the differences between the 2 releases of Dragon Quest Heroes.
The update to the official website details what improvements you can expect for the Playstation 4 version:
- The content of the game will be exactly the same across PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
- PlayStation 4 – Take screenshots and record video, broadcast gameplay via live streams, Share Play with friends (as far as the opening dragon battle), and Remote Play on PS Vita.
- PlayStation 4 – Characters move more smoothly. The game runs at 60 frames per second.
- PlayStation 3 – The game runs at 30 frames per second.
- PlayStation 4 – Characters, environments, effects, and such have a more delicate expression. Additionally, in cases where large armies of monsters appear, more monsters will be displayed on screen.
- PlayStation 3 – In cases where large armies of monsters appear, some monsters will be hidden. However, the difficulty of these battles will not change.