Devil’s Third creator Tomonobu Itagaki gave an update on the game via Facebook.
Devil’s Third has been fairly silent since its E3 re-reveal last year, but this message to fans should alleviate some worries as the game edges its way to its 2015 release on the WiiU (translated via Gematsu):
I recently received lots of questions about Devil’s Third from my fans.
I’d like to speak about development status of Devil’s Third in my own words, to the extent that I am allowed.
This is all I can disclose to you today. I can’t tell you when the war will begin. It’s the way the world goes. I really want to tell you more, my fans waiting with crushing frustration.
- Devil’s Third is a strong fusion between action games and shooters.
- Devil’s Third development is going smoothly. In other words, we finished editing the closing movie the other day.
- Devil’s Third will be released next year. Nintendo has already announced this in their press release.
- The scale of Devil’s Third‘s story mode is greater than that of Ninja Gaiden.
- Devil’s Third demolishes the standard of past console games in online multiplayer.
- Almost all specifications I wanted to do were implemented. I got an up-close look at the great forerunners Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and my beloved Halo. On that basis, we added completely new level of playability that only we can create.
- Anyone can enjoy this game; from casual gamers to hard-core gamers. Let me put it this way. You guys can throw a fun party, or can kill each other in realistic war. You can play your heart out.
It’s rough on a man!
Well, be patient just a little longer. Don’t miss it!