The latest issue of Famitsu detailed new information for Final Fantasy Explorers.
- There are others jobs aside from the 4 we know already: Dragoon, Paladin, Thief, Ninja, Red Mage, Time Mage, and Bard. Players can assign up to eight different abilities to various buttons for quick access during battle.
- Your positioning and position adjustment plays an important role in the action of Final Fantasy Explorers. A Game Jouhou report suggests that it is more like a light version of Final Fantasy XI and XIV with an emphasis on how those titles play out with regards to Action-RPG combat
- In addition to being able to switch around weapons, null, and accessories, you’ll be able to switch around abilities on characters. Once you learn an ability, they can be used on other jobs, as well.
- Each ability you use has their own costs, and playing as the characters that originally learn the ability will cut it in half. A Black Mage ability, used by a Black Mage for example, will only cost half of the MP needed whereas any other class would need to use up more.
- The game is set on an island that has all kinds of areas, and you’ll be free to walk across the entire place.
- There’s a certain feature that lets you befriend monsters you defeat and have them join your party. It’ll be possible to have a party that consists of two players and two monsters. Sounds similar to the system employed in FFX-2
- It is said that the game’s main portion actually takes place after you clear the story, boasting a volume of about 100 to 200 hours worth of gameplay that will no doubt be made up of quests & exploration
- Square Enix are currently developing Final Fantasy Explorers to give off the spirit of the Final Fantasy series inside a multiplayer action RPG.
Source [Game Jouhou] [Gematsu]