New details have come out regarding upcoming Square Enix title, World of Final Fantasy. The information comes from an E3 interview with producer Hiroki Chiba. [GamesBeat]
- The game uses the Active Time Battle system, but has been changed a bit “to add something more like the current generation of games.”
- The world encompasses elements from a lot of other Final Fantasy games. For example, the scene where we see the characters on a bridge to a big castle, that castle is based on Cornelia’s Castle from the original Final Fantasy.
- You befriend monsters by battling them. There is a system involved, which Square Enix won’t disclose, but it is used to capture or befriend them. Some monsters can only be captured by clearing different storylines.
- You can change the protagonists’ sizes from small to big at any time with the push of a button. When you’re smaller, you can ride on monsters. When you’re bigger, you can stack monsters on top of you. The formation will affect the stats and abilities you use in battle, and you can also freely stack monsters.
- The new style is meant to draw in a younger generation to Final Fantasy. Tetsuya Nomura did the designs for the main characters.
- Some of the monsters are voiced and appear in the story. There will also be completely new monsters never seen before in Final Fantasy.
- Cloud and the Warrior of Light will appear in the game. All of the characters from previous games that appear will be part of the main story. There will be side quests for players who want to learn more about their stories.
- The story is about two siblings who came from a world of bigger people to a different world of smaller people, called “Grimoire.
- You can have up to six characters/monsters in battle. Parties consist of the siblings and four monsters.
- ” I’m not sure if we should call it multiplayer at the moment or not, but because the game is going to be released for PS4 and PS Vita, we’re talking about creating a game system where players will be able to play with other people.”
- The game will have cross-save and be released in both physical and digital formats.
- The game will contain new songs, such as the song in the trailer created by Masashi Hamauzu, as well as re-arrangements of songs from previous Final Fantasy titles. Hamauzu is also handling those arrangements.
World of Final Fantasy is looking to be a very promising game and it going to be a great way for new fans to be introduced into the series plus it is nice to see a new Vita title. Hopefully we will hear more about this game in the coming months.