Some new details have been shared about upcoming action RPG Ni-Oh.
At a stage show yesterday, Koei Tecmo shared the follow;
- The main protagonist, William, can use multiple weapons whilst fighting
- Each weapon type will have its own characteristic - spears have a wider range of attack and can hit a larger amount of enemies at once.
- Switching weapons types in battles will be key to success as well (very much like the Souls series)
- There is an online mode called Chinokata Dzuka
- When online you will see a bloody mound which will contain all players that have died there. Upon touching this you will summon a players Jigurui and you will have to battle it.
- It has been said that these battles are very tough but the rewards are great upon defeating the past player
Ni-Oh is sounding like it will be a very tough action RPG but as proven with other similar games, the idea of a tough but fair challenge is very popular.
Ni-Oh is due out in 2016 on the PS4.